Visit Weave website: rosysimasweave.com
Weave is a dance project drawn from the interwoven and interdependent nature of our world. In Weave, individual and embodied stories are the vibrant threads that mesh in a performance woven of story, dance, moving image, and quadrophonic sound.
The Weave team brings together an international gathering of Native, feminist, queer, transgender, and people of color artists, working together through the creative leadership, vision, and direction of Seneca chorographer, Rosy Simas.
Weave Tour 2019-2020
- Weave Premiere January 12, 2019, The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts, St. Paul, MN. In collaboration with O'Shaughnessy.
- January 25, 2019, Alabama Dance Council, Birmingham, AL.
- March 7 & 8, 2019, Intercultural Journeys, Philadelphia, PA
- November 2019, P'AI Arts & Culture Center, Honolulu, HI.
- November 2019, A Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Kahului, HI
- Spring 2020, Dance Place, Washington D.C.
Banner image of Rosy Simas in rehearsal for Weave McKnight Fellowships/MANCC Residency, 2018.
(photo by Imranda Ward. image by Rosy Simas)