Weave is a dance project drawn from the interwoven and interdependent nature of our world. In Weave, individual and embodied stories are the vibrant threads that mesh in a performance woven of story, dance, moving image, and quadrophonic sound.
Visit Weave website: rosysimasweave.com
Skin(s) is a dance, a film and an exhibit.
Skin(s), the dance, explores what we hold, reveal and share through our skin.
Within our skin
a breathing, contemplation, clearing, a transition...
We Wait In The Darkness is an art/dance work to heal the DNA scars of Simas’ grandmother, her mother, and our ancestors.
Within in an environment of images and sounds from Seneca lands, this new dance work engages past and future, DNA memory, and invisible presences, to create a personal artwork about loss, family, perseverance, and home.
1991 to 2013
- Threshold, 2013
- Blood lines, 2013
- I took my lucky break and I broke it in two, 2013
- i want it to be raining and the window to be open, 2012
- Listen, a solo for Jim Liberthal, 2012
- Alice, 2012
- It’s Strange To Be Here, The Mystery Never Leaves You, 2010
- Winter/Hiver, 2009
- Will We Make Mud, a collaboration with Jon Davis, 2007
- Have Gun Will Shoot, a collaboration with Patrick Maun, 2006 & 2007
- Bonding and Defending, 2005
- If Andy Warhol Were My Dad: 20 Scenes of Generation X., a collaboration with Patrick Maun, 2004
- Spirit of the Dead Watching, 2003
- Where Are We Going, 2003
- Sympathetic Vibrations, 2001
- Residue, a collaboration with Baraka de Soleil, 2001
- Moments In Between, 2001
- Memory Dances, 2000
- Roads, 1998
- Pebble In The Sea, 1995
- Big Arms a collaboration with Savage Aural Hotbed, 1992
- Corpora Experimenti a collaboration with Savage Aural Hotbed, 1991